Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"National Holiday"?

Before anything else, spare me any kind of nasty political blahs regarding this post. I'm bored...and pissed. Not a very good combination. Those two words can only result to one thing for sure: incessant rambling

Sometimes I never cease to amaze myself on how much of a dumbass I really am. I finally decided to get out of my own hellhole of a "house" yesterday, fully expecting to have a "good day". But ahhh...our little molerat-faced president has apparently declared it a National Holiday. Great. Just my luck...

I have no interest in politics in general, and I'm not siding with anybody in particular in our fucked up third world-system. All I know is, my mother is a taxpayer, I have a green passport, and since they said this is a "free country", I will sass and bitch when I want about whomever I want to...and right now, it's holymoleygloria. No reason in particular. I just don't like her. Simple. Besides, it doesn't take for me to be oh-so-caring-for-the-masses, or smart enough to understand the constitution to see that this country is not Jollibee-happy. And if the people aren't happy, they do bad things. Say, like, forget common decency, and in turn, affects me directly. Yes, it's all about meeeee....;) Hahaha.

For someone who doesn't work and go to school, I hate holidays. Traffic's always bad. Everyone's out. Everyone's enjoying. Everyone's happy...but me. Yes, I am a selfish twat! ;) Me, me, me, me...

So why is it a "National Holiday" again? Ninoy Aquino's death anniversary.

His famous line? "The Filipinos are worth dying for".

After having said that, he got assasinated. Coincidence, or conspiracy? Oooh...

I don't get that though...if Marcos was smart enough to have conned an entire nation to be under his rule for like, 20 years...how could he have made such a stupid decision and buried all that work by killing your sworn enemy? Nobody's that stupid. Hell, I can't even con the school security guard back in grade school into letting me sneak out of school, and everybody knew how much I hated him...but I was smart enough even then to know not to kill him. Because I would get blamed for it.

I wonder...WAS IT REALLY MARCOS WHO HAD AQUINO KILLED?

Year 2006: Are Filipinos still worth dying for?

Things that make you go, "hmmm..."

And all that rambling was caused by one disappointing trip to the local Starbucks *tee hee* due to unbearable traffic...both human and vehicular.

No comments: