Friday, August 18, 2006

Merrelly merrelly merrelly...nougat shoes!

I don't know what came over me yesterday. I went to my mother's house to stay for the weekend...because I didn't have shit in my own fridge, and I seriously needed food, clean sheets, fresh laundry and all the other basic comforts that one almost never gets once they start living on their own. Haha.

I ate, I read, watched a little television, and basically chillaxed the entire day...oh, and the deepest sleep I've had in a couple of years.
I woke up yesterday morning with this strange urge to...organize (?!). And I actually did. It's one thing to feel the need, it's totally a different story when I actually DO something about it. I'm quite famous for being a bum. ;)

But whatever...the important thing is I got to do something I've never done before. To work... all on my own *beams with pride like a 6-year old who just tied her first shoelace*. Haha. Seriously, no help whatsoever, no maids, nada. I think I was posessed or something. Haha.

I'm not really done yet, but give me a break, I have a lot of crap in my backroom. After years of hoarding (and never using), I've amassed a seriously dysfunctional collection of bric-a-bric. But hey, I found a few nifty things as well. Most, quite embarrassing to post. Ahihi.

I found a pair of slip-on sneakers that I don't ever recall buying. Maybe back in my heyday of swiping abuse? Probably. Especially since they're two sizes larger than mine. :P

But what surprised me the most was how ooooooooohhhhsooooocomfortable they are to wear. Seriously, it was like walking on...nougat! Wait, nougat?? Bahh...whatever. Rich, soft, velvettyyy...It was wonderful! Not exactly the prettiest shoes in the world...or my own shoerack, for that matter, but I could care less. It was looovvveely. ;) I've heard of this brand, Merrell, before. But I wasn't very familiar with the brand. Now, all I could even think of is buying a truckload of Merrell.

I went to Gloria Jeans Coffee at Banilad Town Centre for some coffee to go, wearing these babies. (shoutout to Miss LPE!! Lookie mi shoes!!) Because the moment I slipped them on, I couldn't take them off...eventhough they were slipping from my foot everytime I took a step because they were too big for me. Haha.

I was the new Bozo...sans the big red bow on my neck. Balding head, kinky blue hair, big red nose and ear-to-ear smile, I already have. :P

As the day progressed, I got less and less excited and motivated. Especially after seeing all the mess I've made around mid-afternoon. I'm such a dork. I initially intended to organize, and not the other way around. Tsk!

Oh well, I better hit the sack so I can finish my dirty deeds (literally) early tomorrow morning. Because I don't want people in this household to find out I'm actually worthless once they find my backroom in total disarray. Wait, they already know that. Well, I just want to surprise them, and be praised later on, and milk the new-found attention for all its worth. ;)

Yaya!! Bacon...thank you!

No comments: