Saturday, August 12, 2006

Major guilt trip on a supposedly nice day...

How the hell am I supposed to find happiness in shallowness when I live in this G-damned country?! HOW people, how??

I was actually looking forward to a day of peace and quiet...and yes, a bit of luxury at Shangri-la Mactan earlier. CP and I wanted to check out this new Italian place called Acqua. Finally, something that doesn't sound too predictable.

Left the house and waved to my favorite security guard...Orly.

So far, I've only heard reviews from family and friends --they all went to the opening. Damn snobs didn't even invite me. Surprise, surprise. Haha. I guess it was a trailertrash-free soiree. No wait, I actually heard there were more "unnecessary" (yes, that's what they said!) folks present than well, important. Loads of serious posers and douchebags. Again, surprise, surprise. Tsk...

Shhh...don't tell anybody, they might think I'm actually not a nice person afterall... ;)

But anyway, they were all mainly raving about the interiors, not much on the food. Which is actually a good thing, because I no longer trust 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-hand raving on cuisine, especially within Metro Cebu where there seems to be a great abundance of posers wherever I go lately. Don't get me wrong, the last time I actually took cuisine suggestions, I nearly passed out of hunger. Because I got to the (another Italian) restaurant late, already starved to death (which was why I decided to eat out)...ordered the suggested entree, only to find out it was smeared in blue cheese. It had some fancy schmancy name in Italian. And well, since I'm not that pretentious to claim I know Italian, and I understand every single fucking order on the menu, I ended up just looking at it, and ordered something else. A good ol' reliable kickass plate of meatball spaghetti. Not even a fancier pasta. Just straight noodles with tomato and meat sauce. Great, another 20 minutes of waiting. My bread basket have been empty 2 minutes after taking a seat. Made an additional order of sausages and cake, and gellato. And that was it.

Knock knock! Back to the issue you twat!!!

Damn...I'm supposed to write about Acqua. Well, obviously, we didn't go to the opening, and we didn't go today. Before the supposed trip to Mactan, we dropped by SM first to get some paper. Yeah, paper. You remember paper? Primitive version of computers, PDAs, and cellphones? :) And yes, my life is sooo exciting, I could just die.

CP wanted to have his car tires checked at Nap-M Hi-Tec --gotta love this place, I wasn't able to take photos of the shop itself, due to a barely-working digital camera, but will chuck the old one, buy a new one, take photos, and post them here soon.

I just have this...


And this...

I seriously hesitated on taking this photo. That little girl kept on staring at me all the time I was there. I couldn't make a move. I didn't want to offend her or anything like that, and just when CP started the engine and go on our way, I took it. I just had to. It was so perfect. The kiss, the timing, the position of my usually-dysfunctional camera...everything.

I couldn't help but feel guilty all of a sudden. Nothing seemed important anymore.

I really don't want to start on how fucked up this country's system is. From the administration, to taxes, to education, public welfare, and HEALTHCARE! It's too pitiful, it's actually sic.

I'm not at all worried if the government starts banging (no, they don't know how to knock...seriously) on my front door, they don't have the guts anyway. Well...guts, maybe. Resources to find out who's bitching about them? Doubt it. That's how third-world we are! Haha. I just don't want to start on the issue, because I just might not be able to stop. And I just might run for President. And that is the LAST thing I'd ever want to be. Sure, I'd love to see this country grow and help the masses, yadiyadiyadah...but I'm already too corrupted for that. ;) I'm afraid I just might make things worse.

Besides, I don't care much for politics. I just don't want to feel guilty everytime I get one of those (extremely) rare chances of actually having a good day!

We ended up eating Jollibee inside the car at the parking lot of Makro...CP's treat.

This is CP's version of "Drive-thru"...more like just a "Park 'n Wait". Service deluxe, indeed. Gotta love the Philippines, still. ;)

Another favourite guard of mine...

On a serious note though, to all my friends...Don't stop shopping, don't stop clubbing, don't stop partying, don't stop screwing around (if it really makes you happy)...just don't forget how lucky you are, how lucky we all are, compared to most people, regardless of how fucked up our existing lives seem/are. There really are a lot of others out there who are experiencing worse. Queen Rania of Jordan was right, "give a girl an education, and you give her a future".

I'm not saying you channel your inner Mother Teresa...or Princess Di (although I know you'd just love to, CC). Just do/give what you can. I don't even go to all these charities. I just give back, to the right people, of course. God knows the Philippines is too economically-challenged nowadays, even the people running the chariy orgs are stealing from their own foundations!!

Tsk tsk tsk...

2 comments:

BB said...

HAHAHA BOSS ORLY!!!!! jollibee again? freeloader!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Twilly said...

Fuck fancyschmancy Shang! Free food is sooo much better!! Haha! Besides, it's the only way I could get CP to pay off his I.O.Us!Kidding...;)

Besides, they throw away the unsold items, a lot of people are going hungry Boom, we all should be grateful..for free chow! Haha!!