Thursday, August 10, 2006

Toywatch

I have a thing for wristwatches...not because theyr'e important --especially nowadays, wherein the whole world seems to be chasing after old Father Time non-stop (and can't even catch up to the old man), but because they're pretty.

Seriously though, I like, and not like knowing the time...it doesn't make sense, and yet it does. Ahhh...but since I am a twat, so you should all understand. :)

I love wristwatches/watches/clocks. I don't particularly like the creepy ones (ok, maybe some), but I like them in general. Unfortunately, I don't have an extensive...not even decent collection to show off. Damn my pride on parental support!!!
I could talk or write non-stop about my (sic) love (or obsession, whichever sounds better) for watches, but I didn't want to call my blog some stupid name like "Watchgirl". Yeah, surrre...like "Twilly the Twat Trotter" is actually classy and sophisticated...and not stupid. Tsk tsk tsk...

A friend of mine emailed me a month ago about Toywatch...

Photo credits: NeimanMarcus.com

"Made in Italy with a stainless-steel bezel, mother-of-pearl faces, Citizen movement, and a hefty-but-lightweight clear-acrylic band which can make you look like you're only wearing the face - not a whole watch!..." they even have it in chronograph...wow, I'm so surprised.

Apparently, it's big in Europe, and now the US --so what else is new? ;)

I honestly wasn't really taken by the whole "new look" of it at first. Didn't the Casio Baby-G phenomenonal trend take an ugly crash in the end? But I guess all trends do...so what makes this so different, right? :) But this thing really has been starting to grow on me lately. The fact that I'm actually taking my precious (?!) time to blog about it now, says a lot about my interest.

--that, or I just can't think of anything better to do, much less write about.*teehee*

Bah...for a reasonable (not to mention RARE, nowadays) price range of $150 to $300, I think it's worth a try. C'mon, it's a much-talked-about watch, featured in all of those glitzy magazines and posh websites, for only $150 (of course I'm buying the cheapest one!) --roughly around PhP 7,000+ (currency converter not working right now)...I AM SOLD!

Nevermind style, trend, cult-status, and all that jazz..I'm buying this damn thing because it's the cheapest "in" thing I've seen in long long longggggg time!!! Fuck freetrade and the modern commerce, I want cheap gas and good quality things for less than the usual cha ching $$$1,000+ range!!! I currently live in the third world, wherein that's converted to roughly around PhP 51,000 --which is more than the average blue-collared Pedro's annual income! You guys noticed how nothing decent is ever under less than a thousand bucks nowadays? Think: designer handbags...CC, you bitch...dragging me into your frolicky world of frills and froufrou Chanel! I'm starting to get hooked...and it's not even funny. :-P

No comments: