Sunday, August 13, 2006

Philippine Idol...ayayay!

I just finished speedviewing all the parts of the Visayas Audtions for Philippine Idol. Haha. It was hilarious!

A friend thought I might find it funny...*snort* I did. But it made me more confused, rather than amused. ;)

What were these people thinking??!!
Tsk...the road to much-coveted stardom really IS hard. :) Especially noting that thousands of people line up for these audtions even when they just know they barely have skills, much less talent. But what's worse, is when they actually believe they do have talent...and they're the only ones who can see it. No kidding.
Man the lines were longgg. All kinds of people, from all walks of life, from all over. There were normal-looking people, but mostly weirdos, trannies, junkie-looking, hoochie-esque (haha), etc. Some even good-looking...
But I must say, there were a couple of "okay"s. There was a bald guy from Tanjay. Haha. I didn't know that place packed talent. A certified (?) doctor/medical something even auditioned. Why he was auditioning, I have no idea. I'm going to go around town later and check every hospital looking for this Dr. Libres guy and ask him why. Haha.
Man, television...wonderful medium. The effect can go anywhere from wonderful to just plain insane. And whew...reality TV is phenomenal. All these little quirks and "surprises". Bottom line is: EVERYBODY JUST WANTS TO BE FUCKING FAMOUS!!! :) Nothing wrong with that. We all want to be special. ;)
All in all, "the show" was fun. But it also brought back unpleasant "extra" memories... :)
I remember going to Starbucks SM sometime last year to "just chill", thinking it'd be empty, since it was around noon on a weekday...only to find out they were holding audtions for some local talent search reality show, "Star"-something. Then there was Pinoy Big Brother.
Watching PI, I saw a lot of familiar faces --by that, I mean the same people who ruined my oh-so-rare days of relaxation then at Starbucks...on both times. PBB and Star-something. I even saw the exact same faces who rudely slipped my bag off on to the fucking floor to get the extra chair by my table so she could sit!!! Whoever you are, if you're reading this (if I'm lucky enough), you seriously need to work on your manners girl...where were you even raised??
It's not like I wasn't sitting there, in her face. And my bag wasn't exactly some tiny thing she couldn't see. Hell, I know don't own the place, but damn even a monkey would know how to politely say, "excuse me, may I..."!!!
At least I was a paying customer, which is more than I could say for her and her group of supahstahsss. She didn't get into PI. *snicker* (evil) I just hope she's no longer being such a bitch of a Diva...knowing she hasn't done a damn thing in the business.
I swear...people nowadays...tsk tsk tsk!
2006, and the media still on a roll to villify the rich (in general) for "maltreating" the oh-so-poor (unless some whale donates a hefty sum to their "org for a cause")? Woe is you.
Respect begets respect people. You all know that. It's not about who's who, or who's got more money. It's about respecting each other (BOTH parties). But unfortunately, and I seriously can't help myself but say this: nowadays, it's actually those who are barely-earning who starts the trouble.
Enough said. That's a whole different post...
I actually avoided SM for an entire month after that, for fear of another monster audition. I had my driver get my coffee to go. Everybody loves him now. When I went back, the nicest Starbucks manager in the world, Jen Ting (I miss you, come back!), had already resigned, and there were new faces to scrutinize and demand the "right mix" from. Boohoo...nobody likes me. Nobody cares. :)

No comments: