Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Twat in designer rainboots?

3:27AM, and I'm still wide awake...I've been rolling, twisting, turning (hell, I might as well have been ballroom dancing!) around in bed since 11PM earlier (technically, last night), and nothing worked. All my dogs were already fast asleep, and I kept on shoving them so they'd wake up...so I wouldn't feel jealous. Yes, I am mean. But it was like they were taunting me!!

There I was, trying seriously hard to doze off--even to the point of counting imaginary sheep (seriously), and they SNORE within barely two minutes after climbing up in MY bed? Ok, just one dog snores. The prettiest of the lot. If she were human, she'd be disappointing men from all over. Pretty to look at, lovely to hold, hell to sleep (literally, of course) with. ;)

So I've been losing sleep for the last three days already because of the silliest things. But ahh...I forget, I am a twat. ;)

You all know it's rainy season here. Within a month, two major storms struck, killing a handful of people, and destroying millions worth of properties, and agriculture. But the worst thing that happened, was one of my favorite pairs of shoes got molested by a nasty nasty puddle of goo.

Which in turn, have made me decide that I need some serious rain gear people...

Burberry Rainboots in Classic Check, $145 and Novacheck, $130

I'd go for the Classic, between these two checks. The Novacheck looks...wrong, for some reason. Maybe because there's a gagillion counterfeit Burberry out there. You could easily find something exactly like this at the nightmarket in Jordan, Hong Kong for definitely less than USD130!! Haha.

Burberry Tall Rain Boot $165


Now these, I like. They're simple, and unpretentious, and in short...hypocritical and scared to show their true narcissism. ;)But, I'm actually considering these loud wellies. I'm predicting a dreary disposition for the rest of the year, so I would probably need major doses of attention.

And these would be enough to get those confused stares *complete with perfectly-"O" mouths, for full effect* from traditional Chinese businessmen, raised eyebrows from their matronly wives, snickers from their junkie offsprings at Waterfront Lahug anytime. And these are the perfect "Look at me! Look at me!" footwear on those sad days...

*it's ok, I guess. Those Korean and Japanese tourists would understand me*

Emilio Pucci Rainboots

For $150...PhP 7,700, it's not bad. It's already cheap...er, compared to most things nowadays. Besides, they're Pucci. Mums always love Pucci. When my mother sees that name on my credit card bills, it'll all be justified in her eyes. Of course, I wouldn't want to show her how ridiculous the purchased item really is. ;)

And even if I have to pay for it on my own, I still would. The expected gawks and stares would be priceless! Haha. DING DING DING DING!!!! ATTENTION-WHORE ALERT!

There. Now all I have to do is tend to my real problems...

Wait, the search for the right pair of rainboots is a serious issue! Imagine life without them! Everybody's been under the rain...except maybe serious pluviophobics, but that's besides the point.

Point of the matter is: if you don't have proper rain gear, you end up well...wet. And once wet, it'll take you a longer time to dry. Your body temperature goes all berserk, and then follows your entire system. And then you get sick. And once you get sick, you then die. Oh yeah, I only talked about rainBOOTS earlier...

STILL, they're important. If you don't have proper rainboots, you step into a puddle. You think, "f$@!*%!!!!...*sigh* Oh well, it's just water". But how sure are you it was "just water"? Nooo...You never know what's the in that puddle. The water seeps into your shoes, to your socks, eventually absorbed by your skin. Millions of bacteria lurking (that Lysol ad really did it for me)...creeping into your dermis...to your bloodstream. They start breeding inside you, and you get sick...a week after, you wake up with only your crotch left. They've already eaten up all of your limbs from the inside!!! You faint at the site of your own blood, so you couldn't call for help. Even if you do, you can't run (hello, no legs and arms to even crawl with) All too late...and then you die. See? It is serious!

Government Warning: This post is a clear representation of what might happen to you, should you choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle. You will soon end up in an asylum, and eventual death.

Personal advice: Don't blog when temporarily insane from lack of sleep.

Neeeeed...sleepingggg...pillssss...

No comments: