Monday, July 10, 2006

Off to Negros!!!

Last week, while having my usual non-fat vanilla iced latte at Starbucks with FP, I kept on ranting nonstop about how tired and drained I felt with Cebu. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Cebu. It's home. I'm not originally from here, but hey, I always seem to come back no matter what hellhole my parents throw me to. I once snuck out of a stupid all-girl boarding school in Australia just to come home...despite the great awareness that my Mum would kill me if she found out...and she almost did. But then again, I'm her only daughter, so she didn't really push through with it, obviously.:)

Hey, when life throws you lemons, make Vodka Lemon Drops for crying out loud!

So back to getting tired of Cebu...I love it, but I also have this thing about never being happy wherever I stay long enough. First 2 weeks is ok. Once I get settled in, that's when it usually hits. Sigh, I'm so pathetic. Oh God why am I depressed?!! I shouldn't be, right? I'm young, I have all the necessary body parts-not all functioning as they should, but hey- still working! I have no life-threatening disease, no serious traumas, no serious anything!

Life is glorious, I should be milking my youth for all its worth! So anyway, after probably more than an hour of ranting, FP got sick of hearing my endless whining and just told me to shut up, pack my bags, and leave. Ok, initial reaction: shocked. Was I really that bad? A to the Q: YES! And so I stopped and realized he was right...I should just take a break. God knows I needed it. And so did everyone else around me *teehee*!!


So we left Starbucks, went home, packed our bags, lounged around a bit to talk and decide where to go (at 12MN!!! --we're freaks). So we decided we'd go to Negros since it was close enough to Cebu, and we could bring the car so we wouldn't have to deal with PUVs (a serious must for cure-to-depression-trips)...aside from the fact that we were strapping for cash and at least my dad has a house there, so no more worries with regards to lodging. We're getting to be such great freeloaders. Ahhh...what lack of money can do to you.;)


At 3AM, we were getting ready to leave...but Spongebob was on. Retards that we are, we watched 2 episodes --bags on hand, smoked a couple of cigs, and left. I won't bore you with the details bout the roadtrip. Besides, I was asleep throughout the trip *snicker*. Poor FP had nobody to talk to! And to think the trip was because of me! Hey, don't judge me, he owes me! Even a long drive all the way to Brazil from Cebu won't cover it! *hmph*

I woke up at the port/dock/whatever, paid for everything, went back to the car and waited to board. I was actually quite ok, loving the view of the island across until I saw the ramp we were going to use to get into the barge. It was NOT a pretty ramp...at all. In a sort-of-evil way, I kindda felt relieved we weren't using my car. *bitch bitch bitch* Poor FP had to listen to his car squeem! But it's ok, he's a big spoiled brat, and he knows it. His mom's going to have his car buffed up again as soon as he asks her...AGAIN. Sigh. FP's cute, and I love him. But sometimes I can't help but think he's way more of a spoiled bratty GIRL than I am! --no, he's not gay--


Buh-bye Cebu!! (notice how "bald" Cebu is?? Tsk!)


Clouds connecting Cebu and Negros


A glimpse of Negros behind the clouds...


Ahoy Negros!!!



Arrived in Dumaguete City...belching from all the junkfood and "healthy" cold sandwiches that we brought along for the trip. But then...

Hmmm...what's that sign?


Ooo...Shakey's!


Pizza


We didn't really come here for the pizza. *snicker* But we couldn't resist the view, so we ordered the cheapest pizza on the menu. Well, not really the cheapest, but still pretty cheap --less than $5 for a good-for-2 pizza.:) Don't you just love the Philippines?;)

*shhh..we really are just cheap, period.*

This is actually a house...




Dammmmnnnn... The thing that shocked me the most about this place --that I just had to force FP make a U-turn so I could take a photo-- was that I never thought I could find such...excess in Negros! I mean, yeah...I understand the world has become an entirely materialistic place, but I didn't expect a showcase of it in Negros! I don't mean that in a mean way, people. I don't discriminate people/places/whatevers (well, at least not all the time *teehee bitch alert*) I am merely stating that after a couple of hours in Dumaguete and already getting used to the "simplicity" of everything, BAM! We saw this. And guess what, that's just their "front lawn"!

No comments: