Sunday, July 16, 2006

A short trip to Bais City

Ok, that's it. It's official. I have fallen inlove with Bais City. And I am most definitely coming back...soon, I hope. I HAVE to! I still haven't gone dolphin watching (their main tourist attraction), and I still haven't stayed overnight at the famous Sandbar. And I WILL!!!! I WILL!!!

I'll keep this post short since I still need to pack all my things. I'm going home!!!

On the way to Bais City, we passed by the Central de Azucarera Bais. Here's a shot of the beeeeaaauuutiful treelined "canopy" (I'd like to call it) road that will forever haunt me in my dreams until the day I get married and demand an exact recreation of this shot on my backyard from my hubby-to-be...*hardihar I'm such a TWAT!*

Choo Choo!!! Make way for the Queen of the Twats!

FP and I dropped by the gas station to fuel up, and walked to the nearest super to buy smokes and bottled water. Both of which, were right across the Bais Public Market. It was a Sunday, and apparently, it's like the biggest day of the week for uh..."market people"(?).

So anyway, we went to market (I would've never thought I could ever say that line..but ahh...life), just to check things out. And we saw all these bigass baskets of fresh fruits and vegetables (sorry, I wouldn't go to the fish/meat section regardless of how much you offer to pay me, thank you). And there were all sorts of people carrying them on their backs, their heads, their shoulders. And I'm talking REALLY BIGass baskets. God knows how much each they weighed! And the people carrying them weren't exactly just men. There were women too. Young and old. It was like a fruit/veggie carnival! Fun fun fun.

I bought a plasic bag each of mangoes, pineapples, and avocadoes all for $3!

FP practically had an orgasm when he saw all the fresh oysters (I stayed as far away as possible) and found out how much a SACK of oysters costs. It was a little under $10. FP, being the cheapskate that he is, just had to haggle that old lady into selling it to him for roughly $6 --our Chinese forefathers must be oh sooo proud of him. Hahaha. Now I've never had oysters, FP can live on oysters for an entire week and he wouldn't complain...seriously.

So while he was haggling, I was smoking bout 3 meters away from him (and whatever it was that he stepped on)...and saw this little charmer. I don't know if it's a stray dog or whatever...but he/she really made me smile :) (and I hardly do, so it IS a big deal). He/she/it sat when immediately when I said, "sit!". Haha. Coincidence or not, this baby deserves a space on my blog.

And I saw the PRETTIEST LITTLE CHAPEL!!!!

Ahhh...again, don't you just luuuuvvv the third world?;)

P.S.

My shoutouts to CC and BB... Two words: GOOD LUCK! Hahahaha

No comments: