Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Renewing my passport for the very first time...

Ok, so my passport expired April 2006. Ditz that I am, I only noticed that when I got back from my Negros trip. Yes, I am quite responsible, thank you thank you. Sigh...and you know what else? The only reason why I got to notice that the damn thing already expired was when I was told I'd be leaving to an undisclosed destination by July 31. Sheeshh...that's what. less than 2 weeks from now? They didn't even consider whether or not my schedule was free by then! Hahaha. As if I HAVE a schedule! Feeling ohsoimportant. I'm such a slacker, I should be grateful I'm getting a free trip. I'm such an ingrate. Tsk! *shame shame shame*
So anyway, to prove that I really HAVE "grown up"...a bit, I went out to renew my passport today. ON MY OWN. Immediately a day after checking my passport and finding out it was expired. And first thing in the morning at that! :) *proud and somewhat smug smile stamped all over my face*
I was surprised on how SUPER EASY it was! (fine, I'm a retard!) The ENTIRE process took about...I dunno, less than an hour. And that already includes an almost-neverending cross-examination from the travel agency people. "wow, are you travelling alone?" (pretty normal)..."where to? oh my god i love that place! but I've never been there before!!!". Uhh...ok. They were all very nice. And I know they meant well, but seriously, I could not understand why they were asking me all those things. Some were waaaayyy too personal (i.e. family matters), some quite uhm...stupid. But mostly just small talk, really. It doesn't really matter, most important thing is I was able to get out of there politely as soon as my impatience struck (once again).:)
So yeah, I just presented my old passport, filled out a form, got my picture taken, waited 10 minutes for the photos, paid my dues, signed everything else left unsigned, and done! And note, I didn't even go to my mother's usual travel agency. I just went to some random travel place, and did it. Of course, they are quite reputable (always important thing to consider since you'll be leaving a very important document of yours with them!). I decided against going to my family's "usual place" because I really didn't like most of their new employees...except maybe the guard who opens/closes the door for the clients.
Oh oh!! One more thing, I was soooooo lucky I wore a collared shirt today. I saw this one guy who also had his passport photo taken, and he had to "borrow" one of those shirts provided at the "studio". I didn't even know they had that! There were like tacky feather boas, weird-looking stuffed animals, and icky/ugly/hellNO-looking plaid polo shirts --complete with lint and dandruff flakes. *shudder*
Alas, I am a grown up now! Renew own passport...CHECK! One down, 800 thousand more to go! Haha.

Oh come on, give me credit and let me enjoy my shallow glory!:)

No comments: